Posted on the 15th, February 2017, in Best Practices, Industry, Nusafe,
Nusafe & the Environment
Nusafe is passionate about ensuring that our business is socially responsible and, as such, we have procedures in place to reduce our impact on the environment and to be consistently looking out for ways to improve our sustainability. Here are just a few of the things we presently do in our aim to reduce our environmental footprint:
1) Repurposed Packaging – Rather than using new, branded boxes, we’ve opted to recycle the boxes we receive from manufacturers. We give our outgoing boxes the Nusafe stamp of approval by using branded tape to repurpose the used packaging. Overall, we only produce <1 cubic metre of waste per week, which is then handled by professional recyclers.
2) Company Vehicles – When possible, we reduce the use of company vehicles, and always monitor the condition of these vehicles to ensure that they are reducing harmful emissions. We are conscious of the road miles of our sales representatives, and we try to schedule appointments regionally as much as possible.
3) Looking Out for Sustainable Products – In addition to ensuring that we are constantly up-to-date with product innovation, we strive to offer products which are more sustainable environmentally. Our emphasis on quality in our products results in longer-lasting products which are more economically and environmentally efficient. A recent example of this is our Sonomax V5 hearing protection, which creates custom earplugs and lasts up to five years per pair. It is our hope that long-lasting products like this one will minimise the use of less efficient products such as disposable ear plugs.
4) Shared Vision – We train and encourage all employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure our communications raise awareness and keep all employees and interested parties informed.
5) Saving Trees – To cut down on waste, we discourage the keeping of hard copies of documents unless necessary. We do our best to digitalise our day-to-day processes as much as possible.
We are always looking for ways to improve and become more environmentally friendly. Got an idea for us? Send us an email or Tweet us @WeAreNusafe .