Posted on the 28th, August 2015, in Best Practices, Industry,
Sustainable Supplying at Nusafe
At Nusafe, we pride ourselves on being a value-driven business, and that extends to our Environmental Policy Statement. We are an environmentally conscious professional organisation and we acknowledge the impact our operations may have on the environment. Our objective is to minimise this impact as much as possible. We do that in many ways, and wanted to share a few of them with you.
1) Repurposed Packaging – Rather than using new, branded boxes, we’ve opted to recycle the boxes we receive from manufacturers. We give our outgoing boxes the Nusafe stamp of approval by using branded tape to repurpose the used packaging. Overall, we only produce <1 cubic metre of waste per week, which is then handled by professional recyclers.
2) Company Vehicles – When possible, we reduce the use of company vehicles, and always monitor the condition of these vehicles to ensure that they are reducing harmful emissions. We are conscious of the road miles of our sales representatives, and we try to schedule appointments regionally as much as possible.
3) Looking Out for Sustainable Products – In addition to ensuring that we are constantly up-to-date with product innovation, we strive to offer products which are more sustainable environmentally. Our emphasis on quality in our products results in longer-lasting products which are more economically and environmentally efficient. A recent example of this is our Sonomax V5 hearing protection, which creates custom earplugs and lasts up to five years per pair. It is our hope that long-lasting products like this one will minimise the use of less efficient products such as disposable ear plugs.
4) Shared Vision – We train and encourage all employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure our communications raise awareness and keep all employees and interested parties informed.
5) Saving Trees – To cut down on waste, we discourage the keeping of hard copies of documents unless necessary. We do our best to digitalise our day-to-day processes as much as possible.
We are always looking for ways to improve and become more environmentally friendly. Got an idea for us? Send us an email or Tweet us @WeAreNusafe .